We would be grateful if you could keep the HSI team in your prayers as they travel to Kosovo from March
28th-April 8th with Heart Sounds International (HSI).
The team will be working with a ministry that ministers to kids and youth groups in different cities of Kosovo. The team will partner with those in country to facilitate a songwriting workshop, aimed at developing children’s songs for worship and children’s meetings. The goal is to write original worship songs in Albanian that can be used with children. If time allows, the team also hopes to help participants create some more songs to be used in the church, building on last year’s successful workshop in the area.
About The Kids Club
The kids clubs have a worship time when they usually play songs and dance with actions to them. Most of the kids who attend the clubs come from Muslim background, and the ministry openly shares about Jesus every week.
The dream of the workshop is to create new songs to use in the clubs, but also to give them to other churches/NGOs to use. The ministry also wants to create videos for some of the songs in case there isn’t a dancer to lead the kids through the songs and dances.
About The Church in Kosovo
The Church is Kosovo is quite small and very young (both in the age of the Church and the age of its members). A few evangelical churches existed in the 90s, but the church did not really start growing in Kosovo until during and after the war in 1999. Immediately after the war, many organizations and workers came but very few of these original workers and organizations are still here. Praise God though that today there are a number (about 40) established churches throughout the country and most of them have local pastors. It is believed that there are around 2,000 evangelical believers in Kosovo.
- Pray that all flights go smoothly and for peace and health as the team travels
- For team unity and good communication
- For the revelation of the Holy Spirit—through what is taught, received, and experienced
- For new songs! Isaiah 42:10, “Sing to the Lord a new song, His praise from the ends of the earth, you who go down to the sea, and all that is in it, you islands, and all who live in them.”
- For wisdom on how to provide strong Biblical teaching in songs that relate to kids
- For our workshop leaders as they work together to facilitate the workshops
- That songwriting participants would leave equipped to keep writing songs
- For the team to be an encouragement to the hosts
- For more songs to be created to be sung in the Church in Kosovo. May God work mightily among these limited number of believers